Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WEARING MY HEART OUT ON MY SLEEVE

(So Here I am again making another attempt to write a blog after a couple of months of being stuck and lazy)

Being raised in a rustic town  surrounded with old-fashioned people living in their traditional faith, I grew up in full belief that women (and men) with tattoo is synonymous to being a hooker, a convicted prisoner, a member of any villain gangster, a thug or anything alike to those categories.

My parents are the usual conservative type. My father  doesn’t have any ink markings on his body, and so as I my mother.  I can still recall how they disapprove the appearance of a well known personality embroidered with tattoos on his arms  while watching our favorite TV program. Those conversations have somewhat sink in to me and growing up, my interpretation  of having a tattoo is  something that  won’t make you look presentable and would instead make you look like a person who is “up to no good”. To have a tattoo visible to others is like openly giving an idea that you have a bad reputation, someone that wont gain respect from others. This kind of judgment lasted while I was still a child.

It’s a sudden change of heart for me.

And so I realized that any person has liberty and can freely decide if he/ she wants to be tatted and  marked permanently with ink. It’s their right and it’s their body anyways. Whether we like it or not, our option is to just respect their rights or to just be negative critics.

A tattoo doesn't define you as a human being, your character does. I mean for instance, there's this person tatted all  over his body and another person looking so damn clean and neat and presentable, a homeless man approach for help  and between the tatted dude & Mr. Presentable looking oh so fine, the guy portraying a bad a$$ image on the outside willingly and wholeheartedly help the vagabond. See? Physical appearance shouldn't always be a reference.  


 A tattoo is an expression of love for people so dear to us, for people we respect and to whoever we want to give tribute to. It is a representation of something precious and it doesn't necessarily represent  how pleasing you are as a person.  It is instead individuality and boldness and I don’t see anything wrong with those.

I am now a buff  who appreciate the beauty and the art of a tattoo. I guess I am just being open minded and receptive to what currently exists in our modern society.

And so I decided to get inked on my left wrist. It is to represent the love I have for my daughter and to signify the fulfilling pleasure of being a mother.


Here, take a look  at some of my photos while on session:


He started with the outline



FAITH is the name of my daughter and the unfinished outline signifies a mother and daughter  embracing each other. cute isnt it? :)
It's painful at first, but it's bearable :)

The finish product! small in size but it deeply means a lot!



And though some others are still “condemning” me for getting inked, I am amazed that most of the people around me appreciate my ink markings. They find it awesome and brave. :)

1 comment:

  1. ayan me bago ka n uli post! ouch parang ako ang nasasaktan dun sa needle ah! last na yan ha....keep writing gurl!

    ReplyDelete