Sunday, September 29, 2013

A MIRROR THAT REFLECTS TRUE BEAUTY

Visible dark circles under my eyes, forming lines…  must be wrinkles! 3 medium size pimples on my forehead, looking like it's due to pop out any moment. Another one on my left cheek, almost healed and is now peeling off. These are  some of the ghastly details visible in my face while staring at the mirror.

My lips’ fine. It must be the canola-honey balm stick ( Gifted to me from Korea) that’s keeping it supple despite the heavy nicotine it endures since I’m back into smoking again…  You can tell that its slightly burned. But that doesn’t stop me from lightin’’ up one stick of my Esse menthol, I puffed the filter, gasp a bit and finally release the remaining smoke produced in my mouth.

While puffing my cigarette, I am still staring at the reflection in the mirror .. This time focusing on the nose part. It looks good. There’s nothing much going on.

I put down my cigarette for a while on an ashtray beside me and went back to my business of inspecting my appearance.

My eye brows’ quite messy.  I had it shaped thru “ threading” last month, a Moroccan lady did it and cost me AED 20 in return. She’s an expert in shaping brows. Now there’s already  growing hair in some areas.  I reached for my tweezers and began pulling the unwanted hairs one by one until it's back on its clean shape.

My hair looks healthy and awesome. Had it cut, styled & dyed in loud color just recently, seeing my hair nice & flowing sends a smile on my face. “you gooow girl!!” in my mind, now I’m smirking.
I touched my face & there's some rough areas around, dry skin it is!
I can tell that the “piercing” stares of my eyes is ratifying how exhausted the person is in front of the mirror. Long hours & stressed at work, financial matters, relationship etc. etc.  are few of my many daily struggles in life and I guess this contributes big time to my poor outward appearance.

A one on one encounter with myself in the mirror is somewhat creepy, weird and crazy. It made me realize a lot of things. Like I am getting old, looking less attractive, losing my confidence based on my physical attributes. But above this, it made me realize that,  “That woman in the mirror who lose her charm & physical beauty have gone through so much in life, been beaten out with misfortunes but she remain tough, she is still breathing, fiercer than ever. That woman is me.

Changes in our physical appearance as we grow old is inevitable. Every little details in our face & body  will change in due time, physical beauty has its expiration. But the beauty & strength  we have within, that's natural, therefore its everlasting. That’s what we need to keep and emanate because it gives a blooming reflection outside, that’s real beauty.

I am a beautiful person  because God made me that way. :)



I do not own any on this video. no copyright infringement intended

No comments:

Post a Comment