Tuesday, June 24, 2014

THE DAY I CRAVED FOR PARATHA



Today I woke up with a craving to eat Paratha Sandwich for breakfast. A paratha is a flat bread and is a  Indian delicacy that has been on my fave foreign food list  I've tried back when I was in Abu Dhabi.

Actually I have 2 favorite variance of paratha sandwich, one is the Omelet Paratha Sandwich, It is served with egg, tomato and cream cheese filling.

The other one is the Fresh garden Sandwich.. it is the one stuffed with various veggies like cucumber, lettuce
carrots and tomatoes and some spices to taste.

 Enjoying these two every morning comes in very handy for me because there are lots of Indian restaurant in every corner of the street where I live in.

But unlike any ordinary day when I am haunted with this craving, today will be a "challenge" for me to get myself a paratha... simply because I am currently in Manilaand finding an indian restaurant here may not be too accesible and convenient.

Instead of bothering myself to find a resto nearby, I decided to just make one on my own (Why not?!)

An Indian friend of mine have taught me before how to prepare this kind of bread and the ingredients are all present in my kitchen so there's no reason for me to not to try.

For the paratha bread, here are the ingredients:

1 cup of wholewheat flour
1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon corn oil
a pinch of salt to taste

For the filling:

1 medium size egg
2 medium size tomatoes
1 teaspoon cream cheese
a pinch of ground black pepper

And soo cooking the paratha bread is at first tricky because I can't do the perfect shape but the taste is more important to me so I  just simply ignore the idea of how perfect it will appear hahahah!


Preparing the filling is as easy as ABC...ha!




Finally, the finish product....




Today, this sandwich have somewhat brought me again to a place in time where my mornings were spent walking on the alley of abu dhabi (while munching my breakfast)catching my bus service.... ohhh fun memories! ;)

And yes, it feels nice to be able to write something again after almost five (5) months of being lazy a lad :P

No comments:

Post a Comment